Tuesday, March 23, 2010

20 Years


It was exactly 20 years ago today that I met my wife Nadine for the first time.

That's 20 times around the sun. The sun looks pretty much the same. I, on the other hand, have butt wrinkles.

We celebrated by...um...having enchiladas for lunch. No point in buying flowers - we're off on a short road trip the day after tomorrow to Grande Prairie, a town in northern-central Alberta where I have a gig performing for a fire department fundraiser. If I bought flowers, they'd be dead by the time we got back, and what kind of message would that send?

One or two of you (possibly named Bruce) will now be saying, "What the hell - you're recycling the email you sent me," to which I reply, yup. I'm a busy man. Busy, I tell you.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hubby and I sort-of celebrated our 20th on March 6. That is the anniversary of our first date (which nearly didn't happen because of a mis-communication, but that's a long story). We will be married 15 years in Sept., but since we've been together since that first date, we always make note of it even if we don't officially celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade - that's much like us. First meeting was only days before first date. Married 16+ years, but been together for 20. (And the first date nearly didn't lead to a second...but that's a long story too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you both! How wonderful! David and I will celebrate 21 years this September. I always love to hear of others who have been together as long. Happiest of days ahead.
    friends,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, guys! It looks like the sheep (who seems quite calm) is getting a pedicure...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheeky bugger. Yes, you are recycling, and don't think that I'll forgive you just because a.) you're busy and b.) you're celebrating. A blog is a blog: it takes dedication and perseverance. If that means Nadine's got to sit at home doing her nails while you produce an original entry, so be it. Congrats you guys!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Glenna, the sheep is getting a pedicure. The ground had been soft and wet for too long and the sheep's hooves/nails were growing a little too long, so out come the clippers!

    And Bruce, I never claimed to be ought other than a cheeky bugger. Hope you're still having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked your article. Keep up the good work.
    Flowers - Flower store in UK

    ReplyDelete