Monday, February 6, 2012

Mountain View Festival: "Albion" at Lougheed House



Next Sunday and Monday I've been invited to be a special guest at the next installment of the Mountain View Festival's lineup. Each month they put together an intimate evening of chamber music, sometimes interspersed with 'extra' entertainment. The last one I saw was all music by Chopin along with a very talented actress presenting a series of monologues in the character of Chopin's lover, George Sand.

So yours truly is up next week! The theme is English composers (with a slight romantic theme, being just before Valentine's day). It's held at the ever-wonderful Lougheed House which is the ideal atmosphere for something like this. The main room there can hold perhaps 80 people at the most and it's always fun. A glass of wine, some good conversation and an hour and a half of chamber music. And me, this time.

3 comments:

  1. Romantic music and magic--dang, I wish I could be there; sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing is that a handful of my friends will be coming along to watch.

    ReplyDelete