Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh those sneaky emailers



Ah yes, the beautiful bit of pop psychology that had most of us fooled. Me for one. Hey, it made sense, didn't it? I have no idea who created it but whoever it was must have been a magician at least at heart. Let's face it: the result is pretty impressive. Rather cool. The kind of tidbit that should spark a few moments' clever conversation at any dinner party.

It only falls apart when you look closer.

Fortunately for me, fortunately for pretty much any magician who has ever offered an 'explanation' for an effect, it wroks wlel enguoh to be pssaalby (whoops - maybe that should read pasaabsly...no, wait...paassbly...is this making sense yet?) bleiveblae...believalbe (that's better).

I think I almost like it more now that I know it's a load of cobblers than I did when I thought it was a real effect.

1 comment:

  1. I thought there was something fluky there, but couldn't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete